Write a rough draft of your review of the Kehinde Wiley show.
Be ready to access your document file in class so we can discuss it and you can work on it.
Follow the format that we discussed in class. This is what I would like to see:
- A one sentence proposal or thesis statement. This should give your topic (Wiley's show) and your opinion that you will be supporting in your essay. Do not write the rest of the introduction right now. We will do that later!
- Paragraph #2: Important background information about Wiley and the exhibition from the Roberta Smith article. This should be paraphrased or summarized in your own words.
- Paragraph #3: Your description and opinion of the exhibition in general, a particular room, and/or a specific work that supports your proposition (thesis). This should be completely in your own words.
- Paragraph #4: An additional description and opinion of the exhibition in general, a particular room, and/or a specific work that supports your proposition (thesis). This should be completely in your own words.
- Direct quotes. Your essay should also include some direct quotes that give Roberta Smith's opinion. Do you agree or disagree with what she says in the article? You may include this information in paragraphs #3 and #4 or you may wish to write a separate paragraph to compare and contrast your ideas with hers.
Please use MLA form to cite you information. If you do not know how to do that we will discuss it in class.